There are many plants that are toxic to dogs and can cause a variety of symptoms. This post will highlight the most common ones with pictures to help you identify if you have any lurking in your home or yard!
Any plants that grow from a bulb, the bulb will be the most toxic part of the whole plant. This doesn’t mean the rest of the plant is not toxic, just that getting a hold of the bulb itself could be very detrimental.
Ingestion can cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, liver and kidney damage and erratic heartbeats.
In severe cases, ingestion can cause a blood pressure drop, coma and possibly death.
Ingestion can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, irregular heartbeats, convulsions and a serious drop in blood pressure
This common house plant can cause oral irritation, vomiting and difficulty swallowing.
Ingestion can cause oral irritation, excessive drooling and nausea.
Ingestion can cause vomiting and
Ingestion can cause extreme reactions including bloody vomiting and
Ingestion can cause oral irritation, vomiting, diarrhea, heart abnormalities, seizures and death.
Ingestion causes fatal heart abnormalities, muscle tremors, incoordination, vomiting and bloody
Ingestion can cause vomiting, depression, diarrhea, abdominal pain, hypersalivation, anorexia and tremors.